Helensburgh Canoe Club
At its meeting 15the March the Club Committee agreed the following
- The AGM will take place on Tuesday 3rd April at 7.30pm in the Scout Hall, John St. Topics for the Photo Competition this year are a). Blue Skies and b) Dark Skies and must feature either a kayak/canoe or be taken from one. Nominations are requested for anyone interested in joining the committee.
- There will be a Beginners Trip next Saturday 24th March from Luss at 10am. Everybody is welcome but please let us know if you need equipment ASAP.
- Club evenings will begin Thursday 18th April and run every Thursday throughout the summer until October. In April, May and June there will be 3 ”groups” a) Young Beginners on the Course (Euan and Allan) b) Intermediate Paddlers (John, Gordon and Steve) and c) Sea Kayakers (Hugh and Geoff). The Intermediate Paddling group is a Skills Training Group with a river orientation and should be of particular interest to younger non-beginners.
- The Pool will still be available on Tuesdays throughout April, May and the first part of June for skills practice and for the Basic Skills for Young People The latter commences Tuesday 13th April and finishes with a weekend camp on 24th/25th June. It will be run by Euan Forrest and Allan Jones.
- Trip Programmes for River and Sea will be available at the AGM
- Midweek Trips will take place on Tuesdays from 26th March
- The Club is promoting the BCU/SCA Leadership stream and will be arranging a 1 day FSRT Course and a 2 Day PaddleSport Leader Course.